Tuesday, March 4, 2008

What does God want us to do?

In John 6:29, Jesus says "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent." So, ask your selves, In everything I do, everyday, do I act as though I believe that Jesus is the one and only Son of God. That he is the creator and that by him all things hold together. Do I act like he is the reason to live.

The Hymn says, "Because He lives, I can face tomorrow. Because He lives, all fear is gone. Because I know, He holds the future. [My] life is worth the living, just because he lives." DO WE ACT LIKE WE BELIEVE THIS?

If so, then why aren't we obeying Christ? Why aren't we able to tell others about Jesus' love and sacrifice? Why can't we bring other people on board to do the same thing once they surrender to live for Christ? (at least we say we'll live for Christ.)

If you say, I live for Christ. OK, who was the last hungry person you fed? the last homeless person you provided a place to sleep for? The last inmate you visited in Prison? (Matthew 25:31-46) WHO was the last person that God allowed you to lead to Christ? (Matthew 28:19-20 and Acts 1:8)

Most people are now thinking or saying how they have never had the chance. I say that they never walked close enough to Jesus to see the opportunity when it arrived.

John 15:1-8 in the NIV say "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples."

Are you walking with Jesus today? If so, good. If not, you can. Either way, pray and ask him to guide you. And ask for an opportunity to serve someone or lead someone to Jesus. And whatever you do, do it for the Glory of God. (Not our own short lived glory.)

No comments: